Saturday, May 10, 2014

63

eykg writes to ron about his art


Ron: I have to tell you that people like the idea I offer them to explore in and I am only driven by the interest of public. Ron, your misunderstanding of certain things indicates that you suffer from a degree of isolation. I am sorry that your style of realistic depiction doesn’t interest me as an art critic. In Philadelphia the art scene is inclined to the cutting edge art just as in New York - Berlin - London. Your style is not on the frontier of the cultural discussion and even though I usually encourage artists to work more and search for new ways to express themselves I fail to see how realism could be braking grounds. If you were deprived of natural talent and want to be a good artist you should practice a lot and copy masters and in time you could mature and find that a world is not a deceptive and treacherous place but is harmonious and inspiring.
Ron: Webmasters! Please take action on abusive talking of so-called Yustas!
Robert: Yustas! I did not threaten you. I simply stated that your demise would give me pleasure. And it would. In fact, if I were to find you engulfed in flames and had a fire extinguisher in my hand, I would set it down so I could clap.
EYKG: This much for defense of realism in painting. I liked academical art when I was studying to paint in college and had to learn the complicated oil painting technique. But there is a growing process and a true artist breaks away from simplicity of realism even though technically its exhausting. This doesn’t justify the claim of greatness, many things are difficult even cleaning the floor. Only the cerebral intellectual process makes art great.
(Source: generationinvisible)











No comments:

Post a Comment