Saturday, May 10, 2014

71

the holy trinity: I think the heart of what you are describing is the creative process,...

I think the heart of what you are describing is the creative process, the act of carving, sculpting, bringing to life, something out of nothing. Gary/Harry was at his best when he made the comment about which side is up. But he became thin skinned when he thought I was laughing at (rather than with) him. Such a theory as you are involved with is easily misunderstood, and I think you are perhaps often misunderstood as well because you have no patience with fools. But if you take everything I said, in the context I said it, my musings in this area go some way to explain or at least to question just how man creates. I think you might do a screenplay about your experiences. It could be funny. Maybe you are right, maybe a book on art is the way to go. Or maybe, you could do an autobiographical book on your experiences. After all, in a sense, the poster is invisible. You are describing the experiences of an essentially invisible person in the electronic age. Have you noticed how differently people respond to you when you mail than when you talk? When people reply in writing, they tend to be boastful, arrogant, cruel, flaming… take Harry/Gary for instance. As a responder, he is often openly mean, snobbish and cruel. You saw him in real time, he is timid, uncertain and repressed.
(Source: generationinvisible)

No comments:

Post a Comment